Paint Protective Film Installer
Welcome to Lethbridge Truck Town, your premier retailer of pre-owned vehicles in the community of Lethbridge! We are a member of the Murray Auto Group who have been in the automotive business since 1926 and have since grown to operate over 30 automotive dealerships across the country. The Murray Auto Group has been recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies for the last 7 consecutive years, earning Platinum Membership status.
We are considering expanding and we are on the lookout for an experienced and capable full-time Paint Protective Film Installer to add to our Auto Spa team!
If you love vehicles, have significant prior automotive detailing experience, are fanatical about details, and take satisfaction in a job well done, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate for this position would possess the following education, experience, and attributes:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Significant previous experience working with Paint Protection Film including but not limited to: Stek, Xperia’s, 3M, Suntek etc.
- familiarity with paint protection film cutting software/equipment
- Minimum of three years automotive detailing experience or similar automotive experience is strongly preferred.
- Physically able to regularly lift up to 40 lbs- Moderate Physical Demands
- Ability to Speak, read and write English.
- Valid Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Basic to Intermediate Computer Skills and Applications is required (internet, email, hardware & ability to learn and utilize new software concepts
- WHIMIS and First Aid Training would be an asset.
- Ability to provide meticulous work
- Good time management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions carefully
- Ability to work independently and ensure quality and quantity of work meets expectations
- Must be able to operate both manual and automatic transmissions
Duties will include:
- Perform all film preparation duties; cut and install Paint Protective Film (PPF)
- Lead the preparation and installation of vehicle wraps and decals
- Obtain, track and locate vehicles that will be in the queue to be worked on
- Monitor and take part in active cleanliness of shop and equipment
- Learning and following the proper operational procedures and instructions required to safely operate and maintain all required equipment, including pressure washer, vacuum, steam cleaners, power buffers, etc.
- Following all manufactures and company safety guidelines surrounding the proper use and disposal of chemicals, cleaning agents, and detailing equipment.
- Completing all required paperwork and computer processes to track and schedule work
- Regular lifting of up to 40lbs – Moderate Physical Demands
- Transporting completed vehicles from and to the dealership as directed/needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks and responsibilities assigned on an as needed basis by the General Manager/Controller of Truck Town or by the Detailing Supervisor.
We offer our employees:
- Opportunities for professional development
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Company Pension Plan
- A professional, energetic, and fun work atmosphere
- Unlimited growth potential
The Murray Automotive Group owns and operates over 30 dealerships coast to coast from Abbotsford, BC to Yarmouth, NS, and leadership is promoted from within. The sky is the limit for the right applicant
If you feel that Lethbridge Truck Town is the place for you, please apply via this posting or in person to Angela Sheen, our General Manager/Controller with your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a perfect fit for this position. We are located at:
2001 3rd Ave South Lethbridge, AB T1J 0L9
**Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current 3 Year Driver’s Abstract, and a current Police Information Check as conditions of employment. We do thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted